Follow me on Twitter

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @hoppersongs

Thursday 13 October 2011

Awesome

It's rare these days that the adjective is correctly used, but it is here. Now he's gone I'm strangely comforted by the fact that I appreciated him when I was young. I was 16 when I bought my first Bert Jansch album - a 12" vinyl sampler. A 'Long Player', the one with the picture of Bert in front of a windmill.You can see it here; http://www.bertjansch.com/disco.html. I still haven't really recovered from that first encounter.

This is a video of him playing 'One For Jo', a song offering advice to a lady about her man. It's from the album 'L. A. Turnaround', a country-flavoured collection produced by ex-Monkee's man Mike Nesmith and Danny Thompson. It's lovely in every way; the singing, the song... but the playing is effortlessly brilliant. Awesome, in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment